To me, drinks at brunch are almost as fun as eating the bacon and all of the pancakes. I really enjoy cocktails that are no fuss, super easy and one that everyone will enjoy. This is one of them. My peach thyme sangria is so easy! It’s light and refreshing, perfect for sipping on at brunch or at the pool. With peaches being so fresh and sweet right now, this was the perfect combination with herby thyme.
The best part of making sangria is that you can prepare it in advance. It gets better with age. If you’re looking to keep your bubbles fresh, I recommend swapping the prosecco in the below ingredient list with your favorite light white wine (I like a Sauvignon Blanc) and maybe just topping with some sparkling wine or champagne, or just sparkling soda water. I like the bubbles, they’re a nice touch! But not entirely necessary. So adjust if you’ll be making this in a big batch a day ahead. But if it’s just an hour or so before guests arrive, that works too.
TIP: To get more flavor into the sangria on a time crunch, muddle the peaches with a little bit of simple syrup (maple syrup works well too) to get the juices flowing. It’ll release more flavor into your sparkling wine making it taste like it’s been steeping for hours!
You’ll love the simplicity of this recipe and it will be your new go-to for an easy entertaining cocktail that makes your guests go wow. If you LOVE peaches as I do, you can also try my peach mint and bourbon smash. It has a hint of maple in it too! Pair this simple recipe with a great brunch spread. From my go-to blueberry challah french toast or even something full of protein like my sweet potato chorizo and egg bake! Either way, this will definitely be a summertime crowd pleaser.
My Peach Thyme Sangria Recipe
- 5 peaches, cut into chunks
- 3-4 bunches of thyme sprigs
- 2 bottles of Prosecco
- Cut peaches into cubes and add to a large container. Squeeze one whole peach with your hands to release juices. If you’re tight on time, muddle more to get more juices going.
- Throw in thyme, no need to pull them off.
- Pour in two bottles of Prosecco or sparkling wine or champagne of choice.
- Let chill for a few hours if you have the time. We drank this immediately and was still delicious