Are you ready for the best banana bread recipe around? I thought so.
Nothing warms the house with the smell of deliciousness than a good old fashioned banana bread. It’s my go to for anytime my bananas turn a little brown. I’d say it’s the perfect excuse for a sweet treat, right? These also make a great gift for the holidays as well. A little twine and ribbon is all you need to spruce up your loaf to bring it to a friends house.
I used the best banana bread recipe there is from Martha Stewarts recipe and made a few adjustments. Plus, I didn’t have any canola oil on hand, so I just used olive oil and actually preferred the taste. In addition to the oil swap, I omitted the nuts and coconut. The recipe will make two loaves but instead, I made one and the rest into muffins for a quick grab and go snack. Add chocolate chips for a little-added sweetness.
Need a little chocolate in your life? Try my chocolate banana bread here.
The best banana bread recipe you’ll ever make.
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 c sugar
- 1 1/3 c canola oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon optional
- Mix ins – nuts chocolate chips, coconut (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat your two loaf pans with cooking spray
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar and oil on medium speed.
In a large bowl, whisk together the rest of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat in flour mixture, then add vanilla, banana, buttermilk and nuts/chocolate of choice
- Divide the batter into your loaf pans and bake.
- Rotate loaves half way through baking until a toothpick comes out clean (about one hour)
- Transfer loaves to wire rack to cool.