For lazy mornings, this is one of my favorite go to recipes to have on hand. Well also for lazy lunches, lazy dinners, you get the point. It’s basically the easiest thing you can make and when you put it in a cute ramekin, it looks legit. It only takes a few minutes to whip up, throw it in the oven and you’re done. It’s also a great recipe for make ahead if you’ve got a crew of folks coming over for brunch. It’s a big crowd pleaser. I love to douse this little bowl of goodness with Sriracha. Lots of it.
I discovered this recipe on PaleOMG quite a while ago but haven’t shared it with you yet (I know I’m such a selfish person sometimes). If you don’t know who PaleOMG is, go on and spend the next hour browsing her site. She’s a great Paleo recipe developer (I’m not Paleo but her recipes are still great no matter what your diet is). I made a few small changes to her recipe, but it’s basically the same thing. Enjoy!
*Disclaimer – this dish tastes 100 times better than it unfortunately photographs. Trust me, I just ate half of the pan.
- 1 lb Chorizo
- 1 Large Sweet Potato - small dice
- Medium Onion - diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 16 oz Can of Diced Tomato
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Saute onions and garlic until tender
- Add chorizo and break up with spatula, add chili powder and pepper
- Pour in tomatoes and add the sweet potato, let steam for about 10 minutes on medium heat to soften the sweet potato.
- Pour into baking dish and make 5 grooves for your eggs to nestle in.
- Bake in the oven uncovered until eggs are cooked to your liking.
Easily swap out chicken chorizo for a healthier version.