Raise your hand if you’ve hidden your day old bangs with a simple side braid. I know I have! But my new favorite way to update that lazy morning go to is with this simple macrame braid. It’s such an easy and fun update to a classic three strand braid. You can pull it apart as much as you want to make it look even more boho and lived in. You can play around with how it looks, but the macrame braid steps are all the same.
This is a super simple, and easy braid for short hair (and great for long too!) that I know you’ll love. Easy steps below!
HOW TO DO THE MACRAME BRAID
- Start with a standard three sectioned braid and braid your hair as normal. You can either do a big section, or use smaller sections like we did here.
- When you get to the end of the braid, grab two of the sections (outer most and middle) and hold firm in one hand. Grab the 3rd in your other.
- Take the hand with the two sections and push these up to towards the root while holding the 3rd piece tight.
- This will create the macrame braid. From here, you can pull the pieces apart a bit to make it look a little more messy and boho.
- Pin the pieces down (for a fun update, add a unique clip) and set with spray.