Sometimes working from home can be super isolating, a little lonely and to be honest, sometimes depressing. I’m usually pretty good about sticking to my working from home rules like getting dressed, sitting at my desk and so on. But sometimes you just need a little pick me up from time to time. Whether you’re just having one of those days, or you’re in a funk, here are 5 instant mood boosters that I swear by.
- Fresh Flowers. There’s something so therapeutic about picking out flowers from the market, bringing them home, cutting the stems, cleaning them up and arranging them in a pretty vase. Plus, they instantly make the room feel put together and tidy in my opinion. I always feel like I have my life together a little more when there are beautiful flowers in the home. Anytime I look at them, instant mood booster.
- A 30-45 minute trip to the gym. The act of getting my butt to the gym may be the hardest part here, but once you’re there you’ll instantly feel better that you’re doing something good for the body. After a workout is always when I feel full of energy and like I can tackle anything that comes my way next. I tend to work out either mid day, which usually means the rest of the day is much more productive, or in the evening, which usually means I’ll eat a healthy dinner. It’s a win win. Plus, I sleep way better when I get a good workout in which helps me feel rested and ready for the next day.
- Coloring Books. It’s becoming a new trend, the adult coloring book. I actually prefer the bigger sections of a classic Mickey and Minnie Mouse coloring book, but these adult ones can be super fun with motivational words like “Fuck It”. So break out the colored pencils and color in the lines (or don’t, your preference).
- Do something nice for someone. There’s nothing better than writing a hand written thank you note, bringing a friend flowers or homemade cookies that will make you feel like 100 bucks. Those who do nice things for others are typically happier people, so try doing a small act of kindness for a quick pick me up.
- Read something. Whether it’s a chapter in your latest book, or flipping through a magazine, this quick break (even 30 minutes) will help you feel a little more revitalized. There’s something so calming and therapeutic to looking through a magazine. Reading requires your undivided attention which can help get you back on track once you finish up. Reading has also been proven to reduce stress plus, you may learn something new and leave inspired after you flip through a few pages.
How do you boost your mood when you’re feeling sluggish, uninspired or a little overwhelmed?
PS If none of these 5 things do it for you, shopping always temporarily makes me happy. Shop the big Shopbop buy more save more event. It starts today and ends Saturday, March 5th at midnight. Below are some things I’m picking up for spring!