Cosmo Had It Wrong, THIS Is The True Desk To Drinks Swap You Need To Make

what to wear to the office, 9-5 outfit ideasPlaid Boyfriend Blazer And Burgundy Pants Plaid Boyfriend Blazer And Burgundy Pants Express Plaid Boyfriend Blazer - My Style VitaExpress Plaid Boyfriend Blazer - My Style Vita Express Plaid Boyfriend Blazer - My Style Vita Express Plaid Boyfriend Blazer - My Style Vita Silk Camisole Plaid Boyfriend Blazer And Burgundy Pants

Coming at ya again with some 9-5 looks! I have to say, I’m truly enjoying switching up my usual jeans with something more refined. You last saw a similar burgundy pants outfit here paired with a statement blouse and suede jacket. But today I wanted to whip out one of my favorite closet items, my plaid boyfriend blazer. I love this piece so much that you’ve seen me pair it with so much denim like here and a simple LBD here. I love it with the burgundy pants as a nice contrast. You don’t HAVE to wear the matching blazer guys. You can 100% switch up your suits. Adding a simple silky camisole makes this a super effortless 9-5 look for the office.

But just wait, you can also simply swap out your work pants for jeans and head out for the night with friends. Remember when we’d read Cosmo in middle school and there was almost ALWAYS an article on how to go from the office to drinks? They’d suggest random stuff to keep in your desk so you’re prepared. It was always something ridiculous like earrings or a clutch. Like how do those two items take this outfit from desk to drinks? The thing that takes this from desk to drinks is one easy swap. Jeans! Take off your pants, yes take them OFF in your car, who cares, and swap them for your jeans. Now you don’t have to run home to change. Instead, you just run straight to happy hour or that first date you’re dreading. You’re welcome.

PS See the drinks version here. This is the EXACT same look (camisole, heels, oversized boyfriend blazer)  paired with denim. How easy was that?

Photos by Hannah Michelle

Shop my plaid boyfriend blazer

Express Pants (last seen here) • Express BlazerSilk CamisoleHeels

10 Comments

1. Laura Leigh wrote:

100% agree with you and love the idea! Plus these pants look amazing on you!

xo Laura Leigh
    Louella Reese

Posted 11.5.18 Reply
    • Jessica wrote:

Thanks! I’m not so into work pants ha!

Posted 11.5.18 Reply
  2. I see your little Ina “How easy was that?” you put in there! LOL But for real, love the blazer and pants SO cute!

xoxo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

Posted 11.5.18 Reply
    • Jessica wrote:

Ina is life! This blazer is great, highly recommend it!

Posted 11.5.18 Reply
  3. Brittany wrote:

I remember those articles like it was yesterday! LOL – I am so with you on switching out the pants vs carrying around a pair of extra earrings. Makes so much more sense!

Brittany | http://www.pointed-north.com

Posted 11.5.18 Reply
    • Jessica wrote:

Ha, right? I used to like dream of having sparkly clutches and earrings in my cubicle for that exact reason.

Posted 11.5.18 Reply
  4. Lauren wrote:

I love this look and you look so pretty! Those are the perfect pair of work pants, and I couldn’t agree more that a jeans swap is the easiest way to transform the look!

Lauren

Posted 11.5.18 Reply
  5. Boyfriend blazers are my favorite style of blazers! I love how you style this one with the brown dress pants.

Posted 11.8.18 Reply
    • Jessica wrote:

I think it’s one of the most versatile pieces to have!

Posted 11.9.18 Reply
  6. Katherine wrote:

LOL…modesty be damned! Loving this dark plum with the plaid!

Posted 11.9.18 Reply

Lately on Instagram @mystylevita

Sign up below to get exclusive content, newsletters and daily posts!

Plus, get my go-to fall essentials to buy when you sign up!