Oh To Be Blonde… The Platinum Color I Wish I Could Have

blonde hair inspiration, platinum blonde hair inspiration photos

I have to be honest here on a few things before we get this post going. Kim Kardashian is my hair muse.  I want to be just like her when it comes to her hair whether it’s length, style, cut or color. So when she went platinum, I actually really loved it and saluted her as a brunette to even consider this daring move. Obviously, she has the means to have someone tend to her hair daily, if not every few hours. So clearly I would only be able to live vicariously through her because my hair girl said to me “don’t you dare come to me with a photo of Kim K as a blonde”. #truth

With that being said, I still wish I was blonde sometimes. Something about the light color goes with so much more, it’s a softer hue, more feminine. I think my dark hair doesn’t help my already cold, resting bitch face and my obsession with wearing black. So it would be nice to have beachy blonde hair sometimes to have a more softer look. But god gave me gorgeous brown hair, and I do love it, but wouldn’t it just be nice to be blonde for a day? Getting inspired by these gorgeous light locks (and also the perfect lob length, can I get an amen?).

PS if you’re looking for more hair inspiration and tutorials, check out my beach waves tutorial and my double twist.

Featured image via The Beauty Department

shop my favorite hair products

14 Comments

1. I never thought about going blonde until this new platinum trend!! I am loving the almost-white hair. Totally wish I could do it just for a day!

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  2. Paige wrote:

I love the blonde trend, but I’m terrible with commitment and I think it’s one of those things I would like for a week and then hate myself… I also have complete natural never dyed hair… so that probably has something to do with it too!

Paige

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  3. No joke, I was JUST thinking that I may want to try this next time I go to the salon……would that be crazy?!

xoxo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  4. Alexandra wrote:

I’ve always loved Gwen Stefani’s platinum blonde, but God gave me dark dark locks too – oh well!

Warm Regards,
    Alexandra

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  5. I’m definitely missing my platinum blonde lock as of late, BUT I also know that I’d never get my hair back to a natural color once taking the plunge. Decisions, decisions.

Josh – The Kentucky Gent

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  6. LoveCompassionateLee wrote:

I love the platinum hair trend, but I think you look so beautiful with brunette hair. Maybe, if you want to try the look without damaging your hair, you can plan a costume party and wear a really nice wig 🙂

Happy Tuesday Jess!

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  7. Sarah Blodgett wrote:

As a platinum blonde, who recently just got a Lob, I can say it’s not for everyone. I have naturally light brown hair, and a very pale completion, so the coloring works… but the maintenance and stress on my hair is a lot. There are definitely moments when I envy gorgeous, shiny dark locks. I think, when it comes to hair, every woman fantasizes about having someone else’s from time to time.
    Kisses,
    Sarah

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  8. Nina wrote:

LOL to the cold resting bitch face! I’m the complete opposite, i.e. I’m naturally blonde (but not platinum) and I dye my hair a dark chestnut brown. I sometimes think about going back to blonde now that summer is approaching. Your hairspiration photos make me want to go for it.

xo, Nina

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  9. I’ve always kind of wanted to go THAT blonde, but I’m terrified what it would do to my hair lol

xo
    Kristin of LivingInColorPrint.com

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  10. Kristina wrote:

Ha my hair stylist totally complained about Kim’s hair to me too! Sometimes I think it would be fun, I’ll probably try blonde eventually but not platinum.

Kristina does the Internets

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  11. Hwa wrote:

Your seniors are likewise probably in a position to discuss the great tax benefits of home ownership Anybody who has actually owned a home for a prolonged period of time can vouch
    for a few of the excellent tax benefits. Whether it
    is deducting your home loan interest every April, developing equity with
    each mortgage payment, or not getting taxed on capital gains profit,
    having a home almost always wins financially over renting.

Posted 10.28.15 Reply
  12. Beatris wrote:

(To discover the best ways to get the most for your house when it is time to offer, look into Fix It And Turn It: The Value Of Renovation).

Posted 11.17.15 Reply

Lately on Instagram @mystylevita

Get On The List For My Braid Guide

Coming to your inbox soon, my first ever FREE braid guide with hair tips, products & more. Be the first to sign up to receive this in your inbox!