People don’t usually believe me when I tell them that I love tequila and that we are best of friends. You see, I’ve never had one of those terrible god awful hangovers from it, and I don’t get mean on tequila. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. I’m SUPER nice and fun when I drink this Mexican favorite and I drink Cazadores like it’s water when I go out. It’s an affordable liquor, and pretty good quality tequila. I keep this bottle stocked in my freezer at all times in case I want to all of a sudden party. So that doesn’t happen very often, but it’s always good to have tequila on hand in my opinion.
In honor of Cinco De Mayo, I’m sharing my second favorite way to enjoy tequila, in a margarita. My preferred variation is on the rocks with a squeeze of lime (you’re cringing I know, but it’s what I love). The simple flavors of sweet strawberries, fresh lime and the bite of tequila is the perfect way to celebrate this festive holiday. If you like a sweeter margarita, add in a little simple syrup, but personally, the strawberries do just enough for me.
- 1 1/2 oz white tequila
- 1 oz of fresh lime juice
- 2-3 strawberries sliced
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 oz of Cointreau or triple sec
- Add strawberries to a shaker and muddle.
- Add tequila, lime juice, Cointreau and simple syrup into the shaker with ice and shake.
- Pour over ice and garnish with a strawberry.
- For a skinny version, omit the simple syrup and cointreau. Just increase lime juice and add a splash of water or soda water.