With the kitchen renovation, came all new appliances. I was thrilled to get rid of my side by side as I always wanted the french door style. When I saw this Samsung 4 door option, I was BLOWN away. You’re probably wondering why the heck there’s 4 doors, I know because I thought the same thing. Then after speaking to Hal over at Lowe’s, he showed me that the bottom right freezer can really be whatever you want. Whatever your little heart desires, fridge, freezer, wine chiller, the perfect tequila temperature. I like to keep my tequila in here and make it as cold as possible. Because, duh, tequila should be shot very very cold and with an orange wedge (yes you read that right and just thank me later for this life changing tip).
My fridge is rarely this neat, but it’s always stocked the exact same. I’m single, live alone, and have a dog. So the items here represent me to a tee. Here’s what’s always in my fridge and freezer on any given day.
IN MY FRIDGE
- La Croix – I’m an addict. I drink these all day everyday. And you can find empty cans all around my house. I also keep a Pellegrino or two in here as well. I love that the shelf changes to accommodate the height of the bottle.
- Veggies – I always keep ready to eat cucumber and carrots (sometimes celery) on hand. It’s what I snack on with jalapeño cilantro hummus and it’s also what Pork has as her snacks too. We don’t do dog treats in this house, so she gets carrots. This allows me to easily grab them without having to cut them (and baby carrots officially weird me out).
- Eggs – I eat eggs daily, so I always have these on hand and sometimes just egg whites for omelets or even for protein shakes.
- English Muffins – My go to with my eggs. Or any sort of bread.
- Cold brew coffee – I love this one New Orleans style cold brew coffee. I used to make cold brew at home, but it’s actually more of a pain than it seems. All the straining, so annoying. PS check out my mint iced coffee recipe here.
- Almond Milk and half & half – Almond milk for my smoothies, and half & half for my coffee
- Atlanta Fresh Greek Yogurt – Once I tried this 3 years ago I haven’t looked back. It’s a game changer. It’s a little pricey, but it’s local, small batch and from grass fed, happy cows.
- Fresh berries- For my yogurt, granola obsession. I always have strawberries or some sort of berry on hand. Whenever they’re just about to go bad, I pop them in the freezer to use for smoothies later on.
- Fish – Whether it’s salmon or halibut, or smoked salmon for my morning toast, this is the one protein I cook confidently. I always have this in my fridge ready to heat up with rice and veggies, or throw over a salad.
- Peanut Butter (or Almond Butter) and chocolate chips – My go to sweet/salty snack. I keep my chocolate chips in the fridge as I like them cold against the cold peanut butter. I throw in a few into the jar, and eat with a spoon. It’s an indulgent treat but it doesn’t feel too guilty. Pork gets to lick the spoon after to ensure I don’t go back for seconds.
- Condiments – I’m not a huge condiment person, but I always have the usual suspects on hand. Jams, ketchup, spicy mustard, dressings, butter and cream cheese.
- Pickles – I almost always have pickles on hand as I’m a bit of a pickle fanatic.
- Wine and or champagne – I almost always have a bottle of white wine or champagne in my fridge. I rarely drink at home, if ever, but when friends come over, or there’s something to celebrate, it’s readily available.
IN MY FREEZER
- Frozen berries, bananas and acai packets – for my smoothies or acai bowls. If any fruit is about to go bad, I cut it up and throw it in the freezer.
- Frozen meals – whether I make something in a big batch and freeze it, or my amazing Mom makes lots of food and packages it up, I almost always have a couple of meals to grab for easy dinners.
- Tequila – A given.
- Sauce – As an Italian, having sauce in my freezer is mandatory. I always have a few individual servings that make for an easy dinner. Just boil pasta, heat up sauce and voila.
This post was written in collaboration with Samsung. A brand I love and trust. All opinions and views are my own.