My sister and I were recently brainstorming cocktail ideas for the blog when she said “why doesn’t anyone ever use kiwis, they’re so pretty!” So here you have it, a kiwi blueberry mojito. And she was so right, kiwi’s are seriously so pretty. I love the bright green color of them against the bold black seeds. It’s such a great contrast that’s not only eye-catching, but the good part is it also tastes amazing. Pairing this sweet fruit with a favorite summertime snack, blueberries, made for a great flavor combination in one of my favorite traditional cocktails.
You can really throw just about any fruit in with a standard mojito and it’ll usually without a doubt, be great. Stick with the basic recipe and you won’t go wrong. Now to think of what combination to whip up next.
- 5-6 Mint leaves, torn
- 2-3 lime wedges
- 1/2 oz of simple syrup (I used mint infused simple syrup)
- 2 oz of white rum (if you have lemon or any citrus flavored rum that works great too)
- splash of soda
- Tear mint leaves and add to rocks glass along with lime wedges and simple syrup (you can also just sprinkle sugar if you don't have simple syrup)
- Muddle these ingredients together
- Add rum to the rocks glass and then transfer everything to a shaker.
- Shake everything together and then pour back into your rocks glass and top with soda water.